Monday, August 30, 2010

Tumbling and Tap

So, where have we been lately?


For starters, Isaiah has been doing a bit of tumbling . . . (boy's gymnastics)


. . . And a bit of tap (ballet/tap/jazz/hip-hop) . . .


How about Mommy??? Not much of either . . . =0}


My very first cast and broken bones at 29! How did this happen (to my right hand, which also happens to be my dominant hand)? One pointy elbow met my very vulnerable wrist, two fractured bones and a couple of doctor's visits later I'm in a nice purple (water-proof) cast. =0} Just to explain a little, don't tickle your twelve-year old nephew who has taken tae kwon do, or you may end up in a cast for 6 to 12 weeks. Ahem.

Taking photos isn't exactly easy, either. Guess I'm going to have to try turning my camera upside down! =0)

Anyway, things are going well with Isaiah's schooling. He is still adjusting to his new schedule and routine, but he's handling it all much better.


Writing is going about the same, but at least he is interested in touching the pencil. =0)

As far as health issues, we haven't had an ER visit in a bit (since July or about 6 weeks ago)! Other than that, Isaiah has had the "usual" issues: flushing, mood swings, itching, rashes (especially on his face and around his eyes for some reason), appetite changes, GI stuff, swelling, petichiae (though we haven't had labs drawn for it because we haven't had all that much of a break from it and I don't want to put him through too many pokes), sleep issues, pain . . . the stuff that I hate to even admit that has become "normal" for him.

Labs? Not back yet. I'm going to call tomorrow, seeing as the labs were drawn almost 7 weeks ago (the labs were supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks to come back). Isaiah has a few appointments coming up in September & October, so I will keep you posted on all of that.


My dad? He's in West Virginia. =0) He said that he's in a bit of pain (and grumpy because of it), but he seems okay. I was actually worried that he would get lost at the airport! He has had so many memory issues lately (part of this Waldenstrom's thing) and had even asked odd airport-related questions before he left (flying should not be all that new to him considering the number of times per year he has flown somewhere). He has also been getting lost around town, here, too. I think he has an appointment when he gets back, so I will let you know how that one goes, too . . . if he lets me tell you. =0)

No comments: