Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful

I am writing this post with a bit of a heavy heart . . . and, yet, I'm still not sure if that's how I would put it.

Isaiah's hospital visit has been a month ago already. It seems like it was last week, yet when I think about the tests that were done the day we left, it has been an eternity. Friday, the tests came back. The doctor called and said that he would like to see Isaiah before his next appointment (which was scheduled for January 9th). Initially, he said that the 14th or 15th of December would be good. Then he paused and said, "no, sooner - after Thanksgiving. December 1st?" So, December 1st it is. I know that's just a little over a week away, but it seems like another eternity to wait.

I don't have any details, other than he mentioned that we need to see another doctor, but it will all be discussed at the appointment. I know we have had tests like these done before . . . serious ones . . . but none have ever been discussed like this before - there is a bit of urgency with this one. We have always been given results over the phone or at least a portion of the results. We have waited for the doctor to be paged, waited for a nurse to call us back, an appointment rescheduled to a later date to accommodate the head doctor's schedule, but never an appointment rescheduled for an earlier appointment. The doctor even sounded shaken. It's a bit unnerving, to say the least.

So, why did I name this post "Thankful?" Simply because I'm thankful. There is so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful they didn't schedule the appointment for this week. I'm thankful that the news isn't so bad that we had to make the 3-hour trip over there to receive some kind of bad news before Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that we can spend Thanksgiving here at home and not in a hospital. I'm thankful that God is still in control of whatever is going on with Isaiah's little body, even when it may seem that He may have taken His eye off the situation for a moment. I'm thankful that He never takes His eye off a situation - He never leaves us nor forgets us. I'm thankful that whatever news the doctors may have for us in St. Pete, that God is still our healer, our comforter, our peace, our strength, our joy. I'm also thankful that God is our strong tower, our refuge, and our sanity. I'm thankful for a loving family and for encouraging friends. I'm thankful for such a wonderful little boy who brings so much joy and so much inspiration - I'm thankful for every moment that I have with him.

As always, I will write more when I know more. For right now, however, I have to prepare for Thanksgiving day - there's a lot to do in a little bit of time. =0) We're going to have dinner in our home . . . and then, we get to put up Christmas lights . . . and . . . our tree!!!!! =0) Can you tell that this is my most favorite time of year??? Yes, we are already getting in the mood for Christmas - we are already listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies. =0) Hey, c'mon - it is, after all, the most wonderful time of the year! =0)

1 comment:

stitching under oaks said...

I'm so thankful for you and for your faith in our ever faithful God! You're such a witness to His goodness...we'll be praying...keep us posted. And in the meantime - Have a Happy Thanksgiving!