Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Allergist Appointment


Okay, so we had another appointment today. =0) The doctor couldn't do any testing because of Isaiah's episode, but she said she might do testing the next time she sees him (in a month). She said that he looks good, and his lungs sound very clear - very good.

Since he is still having issues with this skin rash, she replaced one of his medications with a stronger one. I'm not too sure I am comfortable with the new med, but I'm willing to give it a try. Hopefully, it will help him and not cause any other problems. I think it's called Doxepin or something like that. It's supposed to replace the Hydroxyzine (at least it's not an addition to the 11 he already takes). She also gave us a different kind of Epi pen (since the last episode wasn't completely stopped by the one he previously had). I hope all of this makes sense - I'm just really tired.

As far as the biopsy - we still haven't heard anything. I'm guessing I will find out either today or tomorrow, so I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

And . . . . . a little update on the fire situation . . . . Yes, we do have fires around us, but they aren't too close to us. We are in Brevard County (one of the counties that under a state of emergency), but we are in Northern Brevard, the fires are to the south and the west of us. From what I've heard (which isn't a whole lot), the fires were set by an arsonist in Melbourne and Palm Bay, as far as the ones in Daytona . . . I don't know. I know that between 57 and 75 homes have either been damaged or destroyed, 1 fire station has been destroyed, and thousands of acres have been effected/burned. Please be praying for rain. You can't see plumes of smoke from where we live, but if you go about 15 to 20 minutes south of us, you see clouds of smoke. There isn't too much of a smell either - the sky is a little tinted, and there's a hint of smoke. In the past month or so, we have had controlled burns all around us. We were told that if they do a controlled burn in the sanctuary behind us, we would be notified so that we could take Isaiah out of the area until they're finished.

Well, that's all for now. =0) Have a great day & be blessed!!!!

Love,
Kelly

No comments: