Saturday, October 23, 2010

We have an announcement!!!

ISAIAH LOST HIS FIRST TOOTH! =0)
(can't tell I'm excited, right?)
=0)

Here is the new toothy (minus one) grin:


And, apparently, I'm super mom because Isaiah says that when he goes to sleep I'm going to whistle and turn into the tooth fairy. I had no idea! =0) He has quite an imagination.


This tooth was Isaiah's very first baby tooth, so it's fitting for this tooth to be the first one he lost. While this photo isn't of the moment I discovered his first tooth, this photo at least shows his first tooth. =0) The funny thing is that I even remember the outfit he was wearing when I discovered his first tooth - little blue fleece with "68" embroidered in silver on it. =0) Ahhh, seems like yesterday.

I'm so proud of my little man! On top of losing his first tooth, Isaiah is doing so well in Awanas this year. Last week, he memorized the names of all the books in the New Testament - 27 books! Isaiah has quite a memory and he is absolutely determined to memorize whole sections of his book (approximately 4 verses per section). He's an amazing little man. And, on top of that, Isaiah is reading words that he shouldn't even be able to read (we have to hide the verses book just to make sure he's not cheating). =0)

Well, I think I should probably end the post here . . . you know, because I have to turn into the tooth fairy and all! ;0)

Upcoming appointments: this Wednesday, IEP meeting (with a Family Liaison who already has the school on their toes . . . and we haven't even met with them yet!) =0) Pray that all goes smoothly and that we can get this IEP in place before Isaiah has any problems with school work.

Health update: Isaiah is still having problems with petichiae and bruising . . . and the usual allergy & masto symptoms (including the seemingly endless battle with eczema) - still no anaphylaxis!!! We're trying the pill form of one of his meds (Xyzal), so please pray that it works and that he will continue to take it. He hates pills and would much rather have the icky-tasting liquids (it's a sensory thing, I guess). Pray also that the pill works just as well as the liquid . . . any form of messing with meds makes me nervous.

No comments: