Friday, September 26, 2008

My Dad

I just wanted to write a quick update on my dad. He has been admitted to the hospital and the doctors say he has pericarditis again. The doctors are still doing other tests to try and figure out if there is a blockage (mostly blood tests right now) and making sure that his leukemia hasn't gotten worse (or his kidney failure). His blood pressure is doing weird things - he has the low blood pressure (characteristic of pericarditis) but also has periods of really high blood pressure (which is not characteristic of pericarditis).

Right now, he is on pain medication and sleeping. He has stopped breathing a few times while he is asleep, but once the monitors go off he wakes up and is fine (this could be from the pain medication). The doctors haven't explained this to my mom yet, so I am guessing they aren't too concerned about it right now.

Please keep praying for him.

I will give you guys updates as soon as we know more.

Blessings,
Kelly

No comments: