Monday, August 24, 2009

"Not My Child!" Monday




Welcome to Not My Child! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what her children (and everyone else's children) have not been doing this week. =0)


And for those of you who don't really know much about this blog carnival, the "not my child" portions are sarcastic, so the "did not's" are actually the "did's". =0)

My child did not sit and ignore an entire conversation where someone was being teased about wrecking his car. That person's mother did not ask, "What were you doing?" Of course, his response wasn't, "I was hitting the breaks." That person's father did not ask, "With what???" **Here's the part where Isaiah does not come in** To which Isaiah did not say, "seahorses!" Nope, not my child! (His response was so perfect!) =0) (Told ya, B - that was so blog-worthy . . . and of course, I had to make a picture for ya!) =0)


While we were with our friends, Isaiah did not tell everyone at the table that his poo-poo was brown. Why would my well-behaved child say anything about his bodily excrement to anyone? I mean, it wouldn't matter that C was not talking about a Leap Frog book (the older one) where you could make up inappropriate sentences like, "the Pooh-Pooh was in the pot" (using the Winnie the Pooh book, of course). Why would my son interject with, "my poo-poo is brown!" . . . . . . =0) Nah, not my little man. =0)



Isaiah would never tell me that he has to go with the astronauts to the moon so that he could "save da a-wee-ens!" (aliens). Nope, he wouldn't even insist that there are 4 of those aliens on the moon, either. =0) As far as staying up to see this night launch, which occurs around 1:30 a.m. tonight . . . not my child! ;0)



. . . and this same child would not go into the bathroom and steal the Clorox toilet bowl wand to use as a sword, either . . . =0) Can we say, disinfectant??? =0)

My adorable son also does not like homework so much that he asks to do homework . . . nor does he carry around his lunchbox and backpack so that he can "do" his homework. Oh, yeah, we also did not go back-to-school shopping to buy a big boy back pack (that actually holds his workbooks), notebook, folders, pencil holder, pencils, markers, crayons, paper, and lunch box to match the back pack. Nope. And he was not at all unimpressed (while I was not ecstatic) about the whole trip. Not my child. =0) (Yes, I know that pre-kindergartners do not have notebooks, but he did want one and it was too cute to pass up - it has robots and animals on it) =0)

No comments: