Sunday, March 22, 2009

I just wanted to write a little post to let you know . . .

. . . that Isaiah is doing better!!! Thanks so much for your prayers! He still seems to be having a rough day today, but it could be from the lack of sleep more than anything else. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, he's just irritable. =0( We have been getting quite a few smiles from him, so he can't feel all that bad! =0) He has even been his goofy-self a few times. =0)

I think his sinus infection has actually cleared up, but we will continue the antibiotic for a few more days just to make sure (we were using the mupirocin in his nose twice a day along with saline washes . . . the mupirocin is the stuff we use on his rashes when they are infected). He hates the saline washes and the mupirocin in his nose - loathes it. =0) But, I am thankful that the worst of the infection is over!! =0) Hopefully, that means he will start to sleep a bit better.

As for the hives, the increased doses of hydroxyzine is working (and I know your prayers are!!!). We have been sticking to 4 doses a day (2 during the day, one at bedtime, and one in the middle of the night . . . okay, so more like 4 or 5 in the morning). We haven't had any hives, and thankfully the weather has been cool when Isaiah wants to play outside. In fact, the weather has been perfect - not too cold, not too hot. He hasn't even flushed the last couple of days.

Thank you so much for your prayers!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

My Dad

I also wanted to let you know how things are going with my dad. As long as he stays busy, he's doing okay. He gets frustrated very easily - very easily. He has also been forgetting a bit more. He even gets a little lost when he's driving around town, so it usually takes him a little longer to get where he's going. The forgetfulness is getting to him the most, I think. He still stays physically active, for the most part, but forgetting things just irritates him. He has even been leaving the lights on or the TV - if you know my dad, that's soooo not like him. I can still hear the lectures . . . =0)


Please continue to keep him in your prayers. I know this has been rough on him - and it's hard to watch him go through this. It has been especially hard on my mom since he likes to argue with her . . . eh-hem, but you didn't hear that from me. =0)

(by the way, my dad was talking in the picture . . . not griping) =0)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, yeah . . . I forgot to mention that last Sunday the space shuttle launched. I'm not sure if this was the last one of the orbiter launches, or if maybe there are a few more, but the shuttle is supposed to be replaced with a new kind of rocket - like the ones in the beginning of the whole space exploration thing. =0) Anyway, I did get some really interesting photos of it, and I actually got the rocket boosters separating from the shuttle! =0)


Oh, yeah, and the really bright star???? That's the space shuttle in orbit . . . with it's cargo bay doors stuck open. =0)


2 comments:

Melanie (Raising our Blessings) said...

I'm glad that Isaiah is doing better with the increase of meds. We are just now starting to gear up for Owen's upcoming appointments. The poor little guy has had some poo issues again today, ugh.
It's just amazing how close you guys are to where they launch the rockets. My boys would be absolutely amazed by this.

stitching under oaks said...

So good to hear that Isaiah is doing better. We'll keep praying for your dad..is he coming in here soon? I thought I saw something about him being back in town. Those are great pictures of the space shuttle. Was the cargo door supposed to be open?