Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday . . . or Laughter Lives Tuesday?

Okay, so I didn't exactly get this one posted on Monday, so I was thinking I would just call it a Laughter Lives Tuesday post. Either way, it's still posted. =0)

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts. . . and remember to pray for Abby.

Let's see, the funny things that have happened over the past week . . . =0) Well, Isaiah's OT came by yesterday for Isaiah's Monday morning tutoring session. They were playing an intense game of Memory (Isaiah is really good at Memory), and both of them were somewhat concentrating on the game . . . okay, so Isaiah wasn't, he was bouncing off the walls yesterday. Anyway, the tutor said to Isaiah, "Isn't this a fun game?" In true Isaiah fashion, he stopped what he was doing, looked at her with the most sincere face (yes, he still gets that, "are you kidding me?" face), and said, "It's not a game, honey!" =0) Can we say competitive???? =0)




We also went to WalMart (no worries, we stayed away from the bakery), which is pretty much a common occurrence around here. Well, Isaiah loves the toy aisle. Of course he wants to buy everything in the toy aisle, but is satisfied just to play with the toys . . . sometimes. =0) Well, we were looking at the Power Wheels cars, trying to figure out why they were so stinkin' expensive when Isaiah sees the "most beaut-a-hul toy eh-ber!" 777 (sorry, Isaiah wanted to type with me . . . ) =0) He runs over, grabs the thing, and sits on it. What is it??? An airplane. A little blue airplane. Not a riding toy that was big enough for Isaiah - even if he were young enough to fit the recommended age, he still would have been too big for it. =0) He wouldn't leave the thing alone, even if his knees were hitting his chin as he tried to scoot along on the thing (just imagine Big Bird trying to ride on Elmo's tricycle). =0) He was absolutely convinced that this was the perfect toy for him. Finally, I got his mind off of it when I found a bicycle that looked like a motorcycle . . . yeah, not a good idea either, but at least it was big enough. =0)


That same night, we found a panda bear floaty at good ol' WalMart - something we can use when we go to All Children's (the hotel we stay in has a beautiful pool). Isaiah was interested right away - he had to have the panda. The thing was only a couple of dollars and would definitely get our money's worth out of it, so I bought it. Once we got home, he was persistent about me opening the bag and blowing up "da ba-woon." When I did, he stepped into it and started walking around like a duck!! He made my dad laugh so hard he was wiping his eyes! =0)



Today while I was fixing Isaiah's lunch, I heard him yelling, "Mommy! Come heeeee-rrrre! Mommy, come here!" So, I asked him what he wanted, to which he replied, "I haf-a show you somp-tin." At this point, I could hear him jumping on the step stool in the bathroom, which is usually his way of saying, "I have to go potty." So, I quickly ran to the bathroom and as soon as I came in the door, he yelled (with the most excited and cutest grin, I might add), "TA-DAH!" while using his hands to show me the toilet. Guess we have a new way of saying, "I have to go to the potty" without using the appropriate words. =0)

He also decided that his tricycle was a motorcycle, and I found him doing this . . .

Just in case you can't tell, he is sitting on the footrest and the drum is sitting on the seat =0)


Lastly, Mr. Isaiah can also be a little, well, sassy. One night last week, after he had finished dinner, I was cleaning his face as usual, when he decided to protest. Through all the babbling and grunts of disgust, Isaiah put his hands on his hips, gave me this frown, and said, "Stop, Mommy! You're really killing me!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also wanted to ask you to continue praying for Stellan and his family. Stellan is still in the hospital in the PICU. He is still in SVT, though he does have periods of NSR (normal sinus rhythm). However, he has only come out of SVT on his own a few times - I think only once or twice. The doctors have been giving him a med that stops his heart for a second or so, so that it can restart hopefully in NSR. That has been more successful since the change of meds, but it still slips back into SVT. To know more, hop on over to McMama's blog - she says it much better than I do, anyway. =0)

As far as Emerson, she could be back on the transplant list as soon as tomorrow if her cultures continue to show no infection. Please continue to pray for her, that she remains infection-free, that her vitamin D counts improve (she cannot even stand or do any kind of weigh-bearing therapy right now because she will break a bone), and that her transplant goes well. She really needs the transplant ASAP, because the part of her bowel that absorbs vitamin D has been removed or severely damaged.

Lastly, please pray for Isaiah. He has been having a rough time again. He has more rashes, more leg pain, and even had hives last night. He feels miserable, especially at night. He hasn't been sleeping well, as you can imagine, and his appetite is suffering (he has been spitting up quite a bit and complaining of tummy pain). This week is our last week of Gastrocrom as well - we will have at least 1 week without it. Please pray that taking him off Gastrocrom won't end up being a horrible thing. We are still anaphylaxis free since November!!!

No comments: