Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another appointment . . .


Isaiah had his 3-year check-up today. It went well, except the ped. almost gave him a flu shot! Yeh, that would not have been good. He also wanted to take Isaiah off of some of his meds - not that I wouldn't mind as long as he didn't have MASTO! =0) Good thing I was there! Sheesh!

Anyway, he gave us a referral to see a pediatric psychologist for yet another evaluation for high-functioning Autism (Aspergers). He had Isaiah answer simple questions like, "how old are you?" and "what's your name?" He also had Isaiah count, add, subtract, and multiply for him (you know - 3+3, 3-1, 2x1). Isaiah gave him the right answers every time! (no surprise there). =0)

I know God knows what He's doing, so I'm not worried about it. Honestly, this is the least of my worries. Yeh, it's another thing to handle, but I know that I can handle it - I have God, right? God has a plan for Isaiah and I am confident in God's plan for him. I know that what God has planned is better than anything I could have ever planned or imagined for Isaiah.

As I have mentioned before, Isaiah is still the same little man to me. He's still just as sweet, just as smart, and just as lovable - nothing has changed. Why would I see him any differently? God has blessed me with this little guy for a reason and I know He will use Isaiah in an awesome way!

Blessings,
Kelly

1 comment:

Shanan Strange said...

Good morning Kelly!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I love seeing the photos of your beautiful son. My sister-in-laws, sister has a 12 year old son who was recently diagnosed with aspergers. He was moved from public school into a wonderful school where is absolutely THRIVING! They have really tweaked his diet and he is much less symptomatic (stomach issues).

Please keep us updated on how he is doing. I just love visiting your blog.