Thursday, October 16, 2008

Poem for thought . . .

Another Blogger posted this on her site - I don't think she'll mind if I share it with you:


A Friend Like Me

By: Tracey Porreca

Please don't be afraid of me
I want to be your friend.
And if you get to know me
Your rigid thoughts might bend

Thoughts that I am different
From others that you know,
I really am no different
And this I'd like to show

I live and breathe and laugh and cry
I love to play and learn,
I sometimes do things differently
Which can cause some concern

You see, some say I'm special
I guess this much is true,
But if you were to ask me
I'd say you're special too

We're all a little different
No two are just the same,
It's really something wonderful
that way there is no blame

When things don't go just perfectly
And others get confused,
And say things like "poor child"
and other terms they use

It's okay if you look at me
And might not understand,
It's okay if you touch me
And even hold my hand

My life has many obstacles
Much more than you could know,
But that's not what I dwell on
I'm me, that's all, and so...

Please don't be afraid of me
I want you just to see,
How truly great and wonderful
A friend like me can be


And since I am a picture-oriented type of person . . . (I just love taking pictures) =0)

2 comments:

Melanie (Raising our Blessings) said...

Awww, that was wonderful and so true.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I'm glad you liked the poem! I'm sorry you are going through a storm right now, just remember that brighter days are always ahead. My son has PDD (on the autism spectrum) and it can be a hard diagnosis to swallow. We looked at it as a chance for him to get the help he needed and he's doing great now. Keep on keeping on. You're doing a good job!