Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry CHRISTmas!!!!


I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone!! I hope that everyone has had a wonderful day - we did. It was a relaxing and just joyous day. Isaiah had a blast! I would say why, but I figure this picture will explain at least a portion of it:




























=0) Keep going . . . =0)





























=0)

Thanks to a generous donation (thanks - you know who you are), Isaiah got his Spike. He kept saying, "Baby Jesus and Santa sleigh bring a Spike a Dinosaur." =0) Apparently, he was even praying for Spike! Cutie pie!! Anyway, thanks, again - he loves it!

He had a wonderful time opening presents . . . even the ones that didn't belong to him!


My mom had a wonderful day as well. She has multiple ulcers in her stomach and is on 2 different antibiotics along with antacids to help them heal. So far, still no pain . . . until she takes the antacid - it can give you stomach cramps similar to strong hunger pains, except you don't want to eat. She is also having nausea from the one antibiotic. However, she still had a wonderful day.

Even my dad had a wonderful day! One of his gifts is an electric blanket . . . now the rest of us don't have to suffer from his messing with the thermostat! =0) Cool temps in the house come again!!!! =0) Honestly - it's sweet relief! Hahahah, anyway, he has looked very good today. I think the day of relaxing helped a lot too.


I did bake a couple of loaves of Isaiah-safe pumpkin bread (which was yummy!). =0) And, to celebrate, we put some candles in it and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.

I have to say that after a failed attempt at making Isaiah-safe chocolate chip cookies (you know, without the oatmeal), this really made my day! To give you a little insight into that story, I tried to make chocolate chip cookies for Isaiah last night, for a Christmas Eve "party" after church. I made up the cookie dough and stuck it in the fridge before church, thinking, "it will be sooooo nice to have warm chocolate chip cookies tonight with a glass of rice milk." Well, those turned out to be a flop . . . flatter than pancakes, more like flour stuck to the pan with lumps of chocolate type of flop. Seriously - flat. It even ruined a baking pan! Even after I added a cup of tapioca flour the cookies were still thinner than a pancake . . . just a glimpse at allergy cooking for those who have ever had to venture there. =0} I cried. I still find it a little difficult to laugh about it . . . seriously. Okay, so I'm starting to see the humor in it. =0) Anyway, I just wanted Isaiah to have his first oatmeal-free chocolate chip cookie . . . more like the real thing. Well, it didn't happen, but we still had a great time last night! =0) Anyway, this turned out really good so I figured I would share it with you . . . the recipe is as follows: =0) (this will not be in the cookbook . . . new recipe)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yummy Pumpkin Bread (makes approx. 2 loaves)
(Gluten-free, Egg-free, Milk-free, Soy-free, Peanut & Tree nut-free)

Ingredients:
1 can of Pumpkin (29 oz., approximately 2 1/2 cups of pumpkin)
3 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple sauce (the chunky works well, too)
1/2 cup canola or olive oil
6 tsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer, mixed with 6 tbsp. water (or the equivalent of 4 eggs)

3 1/2 cups Arrowhead Mills All-Purpose Flour (or 1 1/2 cups of rice flour, 1 cup potato starch flour, and 1 cup of tapioca starch flour - mixed together)
2 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon (or 1 tsp. depending on taste)
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (or 1 tsp. depending on taste)

And, if you like a nutty flavor, add a handful or two of raw pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds . . . or a handful of both! =0)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat until well mixed.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Beat until smooth.

Grease and flour two large pan loaves. Pour batter evenly into each pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or mostly clean - it may be a tad sticky . . . it's gluten-free). =0)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, It's time to go - long day, lots of fun and excitement, and it's time for It's a Wonderful Life! =0)

Hope you had a wonderful (and yummy) Christmas, full of joy and peace!

(The first year Isaiah has gotten candy in his stocking . . . it was an Isaiah-friendly marshmallow Santa!!!) =0)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, yeah . . . a poem: =0)

A Christmas Version of 1 Corinthians 13
Author Unknown

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.

If I work at the soup kitchens, carol in the nursing homes, and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the tree with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties, and sing in the choir's cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child. Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband. Love is kind, though harried and tired. Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens. Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way. Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return, but rejoices in giving to those who can't. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust, but giving the gift of love will endure.


No comments: